Monday, January 11, 2010

Did I Miss Christmas?

Holy hell! Look at the time! My half-assed mission to watch four hundred and seventy Christmas specials obviously didn’t agree with me- it derailed my ENTIRE blog! Lesson learnt- Christmas Specials suck. Which is weird, because Christmas MOVIES are so awesome. Never mind, let us never speak of this again. So, what’s happened since we last spoke? Well, there’s been a new year, a new job, and a new Doctor Who, for starters.

Looking at the three of them, the new year seems pretty similar to the old one, except it sounds weird to say “2010”. Sounds like I’m describing somebodies vision. New Years Eve saw it in with a lacklustre fizzle, instead of the kickass bang we were expecting, thanks to a kinda dodgy dance party that failed to reach the dizzying heights it promised, but, you know, now we can spend the year waiting for it to get better! And then facing crushing disappointment when it doesn’t! We all win!

The new job is pretty cool. I no longer sell books for a living! I was really sad about it at first, because I DID love the bookshop, despite everything, but now, I’m excited about working for the bank. Which bank? I’m not sure I’m allowed to say it’s the Commonwealth. In case I bitch about it (which knowing me, I will). I just reached a point where I felt, I was 25 years old, and in desperate need of a proper job. And retail isn’t one. Lacking a University Education (and being too lazy to get one) left me with few options, but then I found this job, and not only does it pay SO much more than Borders, it’s fun! Of course, check back in with me in a few months- that fun factor could be severely diminished.

And the New Doctor? Seems pretty cool. I cried in David Tennants last episode, but I wont hold that against the new guy. And he seems pretty. Not “Tennant-Pretty”, but still, he has a cute about him that I shouldn’t dismiss.

I feel like I’ve got so much to share, but I think this is enough new information for one post- stay tuned and I’ll tell you the rest soon!

I love you all!

No comments: