Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Party- Let the panicking commence

For some unknown reason, it was decided that we would throw a Halloween Party this year. I'm still not entirely sure why. I hate hosting parties. It's so much effort, and it always involves stress and mayhem, and excessive consumption of alcohol, which leaves me with no memory of the event at all, essentially making all of the previous work redundant. Maybe this time will be different. But probably not. We're preparing the house for it as we speak, and because there are certain values my father managed to instill in me from birth, no task can be tackled until a list is formulated, ensuring the day runs completely smoothly. (It's true. Even to this day, I can't do anything without planning it down to the finest detail. Stupid lists)

So, this is on the agenda for today.

  1. Kitchen
  2. Lounge Room
  3. Dining Room
  4. Bathroom
  5. Outside
  6. Floor
  7. Lunch
  8. Finalise costumes (fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck)
  9. Decorate House
  10. Go shopping for last minute things (possibly more decorations) and pumpkins
  11. Carve Pumpkins x3
  12. Buy fake carved pumpkins
  13. Drink heavily whilst cleaning up stupid pumpkins.
  14. Swear lots.
  15. Start getting ready
  16. Prepare food
  17. Welcome guests
  18. Hide in bathroom and cry at lack of guests
  19. Hope for guests to arrive
  20. No guests. Kill self.
  21. Get stupid green paint off everything (my costume involves painting myself green)
  22. Never throw party again.

Oh dear. Wish me luck. And come to my funeral.

No comments: