Sunday, December 28, 2008

All that hype...

So, now that Christmas is over for another year, I'm left with that feeling of having gotten ridiculously excited over nothing again! Not to say the day itself wasn't awesome- it really, really was, it's just that, you know, I was pimping my Christmas cheer for a month, and then, in 24 hours, BAM! It's done! Oh well, I wonder when I can start getting excited about next year?

The run down on what happened this year though? Christmas Eve night, I was ironically almost killed by a copy of Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" when I dropped it on my face whilst reading in bed.

Was woken at six by my hyperactive mother- the person that gets MOST excited about Christmas on the face of the planet. Attempted to get Yoshie to attack her so I could get some more sleep, but he failed...

Traded presents- was spoilt like you wouldn't believe. Thinking this was the families attempt at distracting me from the fact that it was the first Christmas without Michael (who I saw on Christmas Eve at Westfield. Whilst I was wearing a mothertrukking Elf hat. Goddammit) My mother outdid herself this year, gifts including a digital camera, Darling perfume, Fuel by Diesel, Pushing Daisies on DVD (Winning the ZOMG! prize) and a bunch of other stuff.

Saw Daylan and traded presents, giving me a "WONDER TWINS! ACTIVATE" oppurtunity that was completely lost on him, but fully appreciated by Simon when I retold it.

Finished the night with drinks at Damien and Adams house, where I managed to move beyond "no no, I'll only have a few" to my usual trashy, drunken idiot self in just under a bottle of wine. Not my proudest moment, but shouldn't all Boxing Days start with having to lick the inside of your mouth to check if you threw up, due to drunken amnesia?

So all in all, a fantastic christmas that managed to stay fabulous all the way until now! Thanks to everyone that played a part, and I hope everyone that reads this had as amazing a christmas as i did!

No comments: