Saturday, January 24, 2009

A small problem

I have a difficulty. When updating this blog, I'm never certain what kind of tone I should aim for. Should I talk incessently about my life, and my deepest darkest thoughts and feelings, psychoanalyzing myself ad nauseum and exposing all my quirky neurosis for all the internet to see? Or should I stick to quirky posts about Kylie Minogue lyrics and the story about how I almost beat up Miley Cyrus? (That's a GREAT story, by the way, I WILL have to tell it soon...)

I tend to bounce back and forwards, and try to keep a bit of a balance, because that feels like the more entertaining option, and I keep a journal for all the other "juicy" stuff (My god- the secrets that have been spilled in THAT thing...) so it always feels like I'm repeating myself if I rewrite anything.

I bought new shoes today- a pair of Pink Converse Allstars- they look great, although, because I'm an idiot, I bought the only size they had, which was a 9, despite KNOWING that my purple ones are too small for my foot, and they're exactly the same. Fool.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I think its good to have a balance. Above all people read a blog because theyre interested/intrigued by that person, so they'll want all aspects of that person. I'd say try not to second-guess it too much. Write what feels appropriate at the time. You dont want to fall into the trap of having a blog you can only contribute to when you're in one certain frame of mind.