Sunday, January 18, 2009

NWWBW 09 or 2009: Year of Bones

It occurs to me that we're 18 days in to 2009 and already I've chalked up a bunch of wacky new experiences and adventures that make me a slightly more interesting, enriched person. Lets see, in the last eighteen days, I've:
  • Woken up next to a woman
  • Driven around Sydney unaccompanied
  • Danced on a stage in a public place
  • Sung on Singstar with Sarah
  • Stayed at a club till it was light outside
  • Been attacked by a pufferfish
  • Made several awesome new friends
And I realised, I like stepping outside my comfort zone. So, in the spirit of No Week Will Be Wasted 09, I've purchased myself a fancy new "week to a page" diary and am trying to think of 52 awesome experiences, one for each week, and challenging myself to accomplish each and every one. So far, entries range from "Be photographed in a tree", "Order something from a restaurant you've never tried before", "Invent a word" and "Write someone a letter and post it".
Nothing outrageous, but still, things that I normally wouldn't have done, but which may provide some entertainment, not just for me but for the people around me.

And naturally, I'll try to post my progress here, unless it becomes a spectacular failure, then we can all just pretend it never happened... Oh, and any suggestions, feel free to throw them my way- Fifty is a lot more exciting, realistic activities than it sounds...

1 comment:

PrincesseEmma said...

It's a good idea!
Looking forward to hearing your progres throughout the year :-)