Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lighter side of misery


You know? Look at that background. That rainbow is FAR too chirpy from the misery of that last post! So, brand new day. You know what? Emotion makes people uncomfortable, especially me, and the last thing I want is for this blog to turn into one of those awkward "downward spiral into self destruction" thing. So I wont! Just so you know.

Which doesn't mean there WONT be stages of sad, because hell, grieving a relationship is the same as grieving a death. It's bound to manifest here and there some more. It just means I'm back to being me. And that's someone who'd rather stab myself in the foot than be considered a depressive tit. I've done my excercises (by which I mean watched Steel Magnolias AND Beaches... do yourself a favour by not asking how many times) which means it's time for me to be back, and dealing with this thing with the same vaguely cynical, self-deprecating eye I turn on everything else.

Basically, it just means my life now is going to involve more awkward moments where I note the disturbing similarity between myself and the following fictional characters:



Grace Adler, Liz Lemon and Bridget Jones. A trio of ridiculousness. I always knew I was destined to become one of them, I just never knew it was going to be an amalgamation of all three. But you know what? I'm pretty sure I can make it work for me. I mean, Bridget ended up with Mr Darcy, right? (Ok, true, Grace ended up with Harry Connick Jr, but surely there's no omnipotent being in the universe that hates me THAT much...)

Bottom line is, I'm back, baby. And to celebrate, I'm planning some SEVERE retail therapy this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: