Sunday, December 2, 2012

Nobody panic! It's under control!


You know, if it's good enough for Cher, then it's DEFINITELY good enough for me. And I mean, December? How perfect! What could be more satisfying for Christmas than new material on here? You're welcome, Internet! Well. By internet, I mean the one or two people that still optimistically check this out, and the few other strangers that were tragically led astray by dodgy Google results. (To those people... I'm sorry. So very sorry.)

Anyway, what's happening with Mikey?

Well, University is a thing, at last! I'm currently half way through a bachelor of Social Science at University of Newcastle! (Don't ask me to elaborate on what Social Science specifically entails- I'm still not one hundred percent sure either.) The end game is hopefully that it will help me finally get into a career where I'm helping people, as opposed to preying on them, as seems to be the general trend developed in my past jobs, in retail and banking. Currently waiting eagerly for my final results to be released for Semester Two, and knowing I've passed two out of three of my courses. The only one really bothering me is Psychology. I'm teetering on the brink of a fail there, but I'll see. It all comes down to my performance in the final exam, which was hopefully enough to secure the nine or so marks I needed to bag a pass. I think I can sadly say, with some certainty, that my aspirations of becoming the next Frasier Crane have been mercilessly dashed, BUT in my defense... psychology proved to be a stupid course. So there's that. 

What else?

Oh, Sarah and I have FINALLY booked our trip to New York! So THATS a thing, at long long last! Next year I can finally cross seeing a broadway show off my bucket list (But fuck me- Book of Mormon tickets are bloody expensive!!) We're staying in a Hostel off Broadway for ten days in April, and it promises to be a trip of a lifetime. I feel that Sarah and my friendship has been building towards this moment since the very start- it's going to be amazing. We're doing ALLLLL the touristy things- Statue of Liberty, Rockefeller Plaza, Central Park... and did I mention Broadway? Basically, we're cramming as many shows in as humanly possible. If I don't come back a little gayer, I'm asking for a refund. Although I DID start this post with a picture of Cher. I'm not sure if "a little gayer" really sits within the realm of possibility any more...


And finally, BIG news...


This is ALSO a thing. His name is Dean, and, at the risk of sounding sappy... I'm a pretty huge fan. Oh god. I've become one of THOSE people. I'm blogging about my boyfriend. (Bet you're REALLY regretting clicking that Google link now, aren't you, poor stranger!) But yeah. This is new and exciting and lovely, and more importantly, it's inspired me to write again. So, expect more of these. Hopefully. And remember. If you haven't got anything nice to say... come sit by me!

No comments: