Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Is this cheating?

So, as mentioned earlier, I'm reading through the Top 100 Novels list, and I've hit a conundrum. I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to read Mao's Last Dancer. So, would it be considered cheating if I just read the Young Readers Edition?? I'm not sure wether that crosses the line into some sort of literary fraud, and wether it's just a small step away from wikipedia browsing a books plot and claiming to have read it.

Ultimately, I know I'm the only one that really cares about it, but still, I'm torn. I'm also half tempted to say "Fuck It" and just read comic books instead. Decisions, decisions...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Apparently it's a really good book though? Just do it. I reckon read that and it counts as having read The Secret and A New Earth - 3 for the price of 1!! (Wow, 3 books for $1!)

Anonymous said...

do what sarah says. then forever live with the shame.