Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat.

Happy Halloween, y'all. So Beau and I were planning on carving all of these totally awesome pumpkins, and being all Halloweeny, and giving lollies to costumed kiddies, and wearing cool getups and generally getting into the spirit of the day. Yeah, that totally didn't happen. Stupid Australia, with its stupid lack of carvable pumpkins. I didn't even realise pumpkins HAD varieties, until I started looking for orange ones. Apparantly, they're some mythical breed of ultra rare Mega-Pumpkin or something, and Australians just can't be trusted with them. That's obviously the only logical explanation, because we scoured Newcastle (if by "scoured" you mean went to one fruit shop and several Woolworths, then yeah, we scoured) with absolutely NO success. So we gave up.

And the lollies that were purchased for all the charming children? Spent the night gorging on, as well as pizza, and coffee, and triple chocolate mousse with cream. Kinda think I'm going to die now.

Here's a carved pumpkin I found on the internet for your enjoyment, seeing as I don't have one of my own to show off. :(

No comments: