Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Week 20- Hogwarts Express

Mission Twenty: Cast a Spell
Status: Accomplished

I have to admit, my expectations for this task involved slightly more mysticism than the task provided. Apparantly, when the extent of your knowledge on casting spells comes from either Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Harry Potter, your grip on reality is a little skewed, to say the least. But never mind- I soldiered on, and here are the results. After consulting an ancient Grimmorie (well, a "How to Cast Spells" book I found at work) I managed to find one that included red wine as a recipe. Could it BE any more suited to me?
Now, it just so happens that it was a love spell. I promise this was coincidence- I didn't set out to cast some bewitching love spell (besides, we've all seen how that ends in Buffy. Not well.) like a crazy desperate single person. TRUST ME.
I had to create a love oil first (which is less dirty than it sounds) which I let simmer in the slow cooker, which was LESS exciting than a cauldron may have been, but considerably more convenient, and once it was prepared, I had to annoint a love candle. Oh, I had to chant a bunch as well. I was going to show you the chants, but I can't find my spell anymore, but they were all things like Oil of love, enchanted be. Bring a perfect love to me. No latin to be heard at all, thank you very much JK Rowling...
So, I had to gather my ingredients:

The wine MAY have been started already by this stage... So then, the magic candle was lit, the ingredients were combined and put on the stove for seven minutes, all the while, I was chanting away, listening to No Good Deed Goes Unpunished from Wicked (you know, to set the mood). That's pretty much it. Magic spell cast. Oh, then I had to chant and drink the potion, once it had cooled down. Now, this is where the event got less charming. If only I could convey the stench of this thing via a blog to you, and there was a LOT of wine in there... Look, I'll show you. This is GENUINE magic potion.
This is me DRINKING genuine magic potion.


And this? This is me attempting to not VOMIT genuine magic potion all over the damn kitchen.


I never saw Willow do THAT! Now, the important question is, did it work? I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I can't believe you left out the spell for easy childbirth! I hope your baby is the size of a wombat. Try peeing that.