Thursday, June 4, 2009

Subtlety is an art form

And claiming the prize for "Strangest Customer" this week is the gentleman that called me up looking for a copy of the Karma Sutra. The conversation was as follows:

Customer: Do you have a copy of the karma sutra?
Mikey: Why yes, we have several, sir.
Customer: Several? Really? Tell me about them!
Mikey: Well, there's the traditionally illustrated version, there's the photographic version, there's the pop-up edition, there's the... look, maybe you should just come in and have a look?
Customer: No, no. I'm sure the photo one is fine. Can you mail it out to me?
Mikey: Yeah, sure.
Customer: Express Post?
Mikey: Well...sure.
Customer: So I'll have it tomorrow? Like, DEFINITELY?
Mikey: ...

My question is, why does someone need a book like that with SUCH ridiculous urgency? Is he planning a marathon sex session tomorrow night that is going to require the assistance of a manual? And if it's so important, would you REALLY trust the homosexual at the bookshop to pick you out one that's going to do the job?

So anyway- he wins. Weirdo.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I don't get why people even need one. It's called the internet. You'd find it all there.

Rebecca said...

But books don't come with computer viruses and pay per view charges... like this one time with my step brother... the phone bill was over $300 so my step dad rang to find out why ... how em-barrassing!

Bones said...

Oh my god! That same thing happpened to MY brother!
My favourite part of the whole story was my fathers reaction though:
"Jesus! You could have paid for a REAL woman for that much money!"