Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Even more Disney!

To steal Sarahs thunder, which was in turn stolen from me initially, I've decided to make my OWN list of Best Ever Disney Songs. How do you like me now, bitch? See if you can spot the common thread here, that sheds a worrying light on my subconscious...

These aren't in any particular order, either...

#1: Poor Unfortunate Souls- The Little Mermaid



Ursula is the greatest Disney Villain of all time, and this song captures her awesomeness perfectly. For anyone interested, it's really good in the live version of The Little Mermaid, as well.

#2: Prince Ali (Reprise) - Aladdin



Is it just me, or does Jafar come across as really, really gay? I mean, discount the whole "wanting to bonk Jasmine" thing, doesn't he seem ridiculously queeney? Or is that just me? Anyway, another fun, villanous song...

#3: Hellfire- Hunchback



I can't BELIEVE how intense this song is- honestly, there are soms frakkin adult themes here, especially for a Disney movie. It's such a shame Hunchback didn't achieve more critical acclaim- if the whole thing was of the calibre of this song, it undoubtedly wuold have.


#4: Be Prepared- The Lion King



Hyena Nazis! What more can you ask for in a Disney song?? And is it wrong to find Scars voice a little sexy? Is that one of those things I shouldn't mention? It is, right? Damn.

#5: Wont Say I'm in Love- Hercules



The only song on the list not sung by someone trying to kill the protaganist, it's still crazily cynical, yet ridiculously boppy and awesome. Meg makes such a kickass Disney Heroine- seriously, imagine her in a fight with Jasmine, or Belle or someone? She was wasted on Hercules...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I do concur with the Hercules song - absolutely love it, but I'd have had to get rid of my Anastasia song, and that was not going to happen. Best villain song EVER though is from Anastasia. Any song that says, "Come my minions rise for you master" is alright by me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrZVfY4LIyc

Whateverman. said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pPUmv3U2XY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb2si7fClqA

Much better.