Friday, February 20, 2009

I'm not one to complain, but...

(Shut up. I'm not).

I'm not one to complain, but sometimes, work REALLY shits me off. Like today. Don't get me wrong- I know I have an awesome job. I work in a fairly awesome store, with some incredibly awesome people (Yes Sarah and Bec, I mean you guys. And probably Simon...) doing something that 9 times out of 10, I genuinely enjoy. But still. There are days, like today, when I just want to scream and punch someone in the tit. I blame the general public, and their complete inability to be normal human beings. I mean, seriously. Why stand in a line for ten minutes before reaching a counter and THEN starting to dig through your bag looking for your purse? You fucking KNEW I was going to charge you money. Why wait? Why not have your credit card ready? You've been standing there for AGES! Did you expect to be some sort of amazing mystery customer that wasn't going to get charged for your purchases? I don't understand!
Oh, and why argue with me about book-related things? If I correct you and say "To Kill A Mockingbird" was written by Harper Lee, not Lee Harper, why argue the point? I work in a bookstore- I know shit like that! I don't understand why you would argue with me!
And if you work with me and you're not one of the people I mentioned above- SHUT THE FUCK UP OVER THE HEADSETS! I can't handle it anymore!!!!


Ok, I think that vent is over.... Sorry about that...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

But Mike, I am the WORST over the headsets. Seriously, I press the button and my mind goes blank. Well, that's what I tell myself - I'm pretty sure it was blank before the pressing of the aforementioned button. And so I stutter and stammer for the rest of the message before sighing at my stupidity and shutting up.

Bones said...

Yeah, but I LIKE you. So you're immune from my crankiness.