Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Parkhill: The Series

Move over 90210. Go to hell, Gossip Girl. Eat it and die, Heroes. Because there is a new television show coming that is going to blow all those other loser programs well and truly out of the water. I refer, of course, to PARKHILL: THE SERIES!
I always assumed it was one of my more insane traits, likening my life to a television show, on which me and all my friends are all part of an ensemble cast. I like to think of all of our dramas and troubles in terms of story arcs and plot points, our relationships as part of character development, and basically, I tend to break down day to day life into episodic segments.
It seems a lot LESS insane though, since I floated the idea to Bec and Sarah, who AGREED that Parkhill would make an awesome series!
We came to the conclusion that we're in the second season now, because last year was the ideal jumping in point, if you were to be watching our lives, so that they were at their most accessibly dramatic. I figure Sarah was pretty much the main character, considering it was her house we were all hanging at, and thus her fault that we were all brought together. So, characters were Sarah, Bec, Simon, Leesh, Anne, Beau and I, and the first season was a fairly light-hearted affair, but we still got to cover things like my break up, Sarahs family, Anne and Zac, Leesh and Ben, Me and a string of potentials, Beau and Mark (who was introduced in a very high rating episode thanks to Kate Miller Heidkes guest role) and then all of Bec and Simons crazy shenanigans as well. The season would have culminated with the New Years Eve cliffhanger of me and Sarah waking up in bed next to each other (ZOMG! What happened? Tune in next season!!!) and we even got to create our own spin-off, with Leesh and Anne heading off to Sydney to be all medical! It would have been awesome.
So anyway, you know you're totally going to watch it when it makes it to the air. And don't panic- we've recast Simon, so you don't have anything to worry about...

No comments: