Sunday, February 15, 2009

Week 4- Call me Tarzan

Mission Four: Climb a Tree
Staus: Accomplished

Now that everything has worked itself out, I can admit that I have been TERRIFIED of failing this weeks task, since we've been pretty much inundated with torrential rain ALL DAMN WEEK! When it got to this morning, my last day to achieve the task before moving onto week five, and the weather still hadn't looked like improving, I was beyond nervous. Because four weeks in still seems kind of early to start lagging behind.
Luckily, about half way through the day, Beau organised to come over, and I knew that, rain or not, I had to make it happen. So we loaded ourselves into Emmett and went hunting for climbing trees. First, we thought King Edward Park would be able to provide something suitable, but after driving in there, we realised I was hardly experienced enough to attempt the trees they had there. So instead, we explored the weird barracks things that are there, but Beau wouldn't let me climb in through one of the broken grates. Probably because of monsters, which IS a valid concern.
Next, we tried Civic Park, and had a lot more luck. The trees were MADE for climbing. Although I did learn the valuable lesson that, whilst Converse All Stars may LOOK amazing, they hardly make suitable footwear for climbing trees in the rain. So, you know. We've learnt something today.
And did I achieve the task? You tell me.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

The photo looks fake, so I say NO, you did not accomplish your task.

Burn.

Beau. said...

It's true, he had me photoshop that photo up.

Bones said...

I'm hating you both right now. You're just jealous that neither of YOU climbed a tree today.

Titch said...

Wow I am impressed..