Friday, April 3, 2009

Angry with rage

I went to KFC at Kotara tonight (Don't judge me- I was hungry)and saw something that made me SO angry, I just needed to tell the world. Well, the blog. Much the same thing, isn't it?
The kids were slaving away, as they must, preparing chicken and whatever else it is they do, when the manager, some overweight, frumpy thing on a power trip swooped in out of nowhere and went ballistic at the staff, tearing absolute STRIPS off them for stuffing up someones order. Now, I don't care HOW badly they stuffed up the order, I was appalled by the woman's behavior! How disgusting! She should NEVER have spoken down to those guys in front of customers like that- how goddamn inappropriate! It made them awkward, it made ME uncomfortable, and it made her seem like a total bitch.
They aren't paid to take her abuse, and they shouldn't have stood for it. What kind of workplace demands such a ridiculous level of subservience? If that ever happened at my work, I'd give the manager a mouthful back! Any time I've been spoken to at work, at least the manager had the decency to take me off the floor and do it in private, instead of creating a humiliating scene in front of the paying public.
I was so angry, I'm still not over it. I should write a letter. Who has Colonel Sanders address? This needs to go straight to the top!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Totally do it. I just put in a written complaint about an offensive ad on channel ten and they forwarded it to the Advertising Standards Committee, who sat around and held a big meeting about it, and ruled to change a portion of the advertisement. The written complaint WORKS. Get the bitch fried. (yes, fried, not fired. intentional)

Bones said...

I see what you did there! But I'm convinced, now. I'm on a crusade. I'll keep you updated on how it goes!

gj_1983 said...

I've seen it happen before, I've simply turned around and walked out with the other customers following me. They weren't getting my custom.