Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to me

Today, I turn 25. Which doesn't bother me so much, I just don't like the fact that it SOUNDS so adult. 25. That's a whole new box! I'm no longer in the 18-24 box, I have to deal with the fact that as of now, society expects me, at least to some extent, to be a grown up. What the hell is up with that?
I'm not a grown up! I'm sitting here in a monkey jumper watching the Buffy musical. I still have a retail job. I still read comics. No part of me, in any conceivable way shape or form, considers itself a proper grown up.
But here we are. Maybe I should just lie and tell people I'm 23. That's believable, right? Right? Shut up.
Actually, I'm more distressed about the fact I have to work 9 hours today than the fact that I'm entering a whole new demographic. I can't be doing THAT bad, age wise. I mean, I am being pursued by an 18 year old. And Sarah's Grandma thought I looked 15. So, not completely over the hill yet.

2 comments:

Mutterings from Maryville said...

happy birthday michael.....just enjoy the fact that your body age and your numerical age are outta psync....once you reach the age where hair starts sprouting from places you'd never imagined possible, then you'll recall whistfully the halcyon days when you looked so much younger than you were! Enjoy.

Suzanne said...

You could totally pass as 23. Just roll with it. Lukes the same, 32 and looks 23. Bastard.

Ladies, on the other hand, rarely look younger than they are. Thus is my burden.