Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pushing Daisies


If you've not heard of Pushing Daisies yet, you kind of suck a little bit. It is, without a doubt, one of the greatest television shows in the history of awesome television shows, and I'm so in love with it I want to woo it and have it's babies. The show is about Ned. He makes pies and can raise the dead. And he has a dog, Digby. And he raises Chuck, who was his childhood sweetheart. And they're in love. But they can't touch, EVER, or she dies again. And they solve crmies.

That's a woefully meagre description that does nothing to relate the quirky awesomeness of this brilliant program. And I haven't even mentioned that Ellen Greens is a supporting character! Or Swoosie Kurtz. OR Kristen Chenoweth. Well, now I have. Basically, you need to see it. Because you'll love it. I can guarentee it. I can PROMISE you, if you watch this show, you will adore it. And the good news is, it comes out on DVD on the 29th April. Which is, like, a week and a half away. Go on, give it a try. How can you not love a show with dialogue like this?

Olive: Musing on the idea of setting someone on fire doesn't mean you really want to set them on fire, it's just the thought of it that makes you happy, but only for a second and then you feel bad, but that second can be a lot of fun!

Or with random musical sequences like this??



You can thank me soon. I'll be here, waiting.

No comments: