Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Week 12: Sugary Awesome

Mission Twelve: Bake a birthday cake. From scratch.
Status: Accomplished.

I swear, these missions are making me a nicer person. Last year, the thought of baking a cake from scratch for anyone's birthday would never have even occurred to me! This year, I'm a regular Martha Stewart, slaving over a hot stove for hours. And for what? To bring pleasure and joy (and sugar) to the people I love. I'm so nice I make myself sick.

Now, conveniently, this weeks task corresponded with Sarahs birthday (read all about it below), so the issue of who to cook for was taken care of. So all I had to overcome was the fact that I had NO idea how to bake a cake from scratch. Enter Bronwyn, armed with recipe, ingredients, and cake tins. All vital aspects of cake construction that I was sadly lacking. Luckily, she was an amazingly patient teacher, and together, we created the ULTIMATE birthday cake. It was a heart shaped chocolate/ vanilla marble cake, covered in chocolate icing, and every type of sprinkle known to man. Feast your eyes on this:


The secret ingredient was diabetes. You're welcome.

No comments: