Monday, April 13, 2009

Kick Ass Weekend

I love when friends have birthdays. Not only does it bring their ages closer to my shameful chronological qualifier, it's more often than not an excuse for awesome shenanigans! And this weekend just gone, where Sarah saw in her 24th year, was no exception!

Sarah, Emma, Bec, Simon and I decided to go stay at the Vineyards in a place called Knotts Landing (yes, just like the TV show, except without the Ewings and the "being a Dallas spinoff") It was a really nice little place, despite the fact that it had a serial-killer vibe and a giant cactus. Beau was convinced the cactus was going to devour one of us, but fortunately, it didn't.
So, obviously, as with any weekend at the vineyards, as you can expect, there was much consuming of wine, and classy good times to be had at a variety of fine establishments.

But, more excitingly, we watched Army of Darkness (well, what's more appropriate for an Easter Weekend than a film about crazy, evil Zombies? Hail to the King, baby). And tried to teach the girls about Green Lantern. And I got asked for I.D. And found a Sweet Chilli Sauce that is to DIE for. And celebrated our friends birthday!

And, I managed to have the GREATEST imaginable photo ever taken of me.


But, in the spirit of not being an egotistical twat, I ALSO had my worst ever picture snapped. Which I'll share because I love you all.



There is honestly no excuse for this. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry.

No comments: