Sunday, April 19, 2009

Week 13- Nudie Fun

Mission Thirteen: See a strip show
Status: Postponed

Oh no! For the first time since we started, I'm NOT accomplishing a task in the allocated time. Scandal! But I promise, I have a REALLY good reason for it. The task for this week was to go and see a strip show, which sounds simple enough, but in actuality, they're far harder to find than I imagined.

In my head, when I said yes to this, I was thinking of some sort of burlesque establishment, where yes, I'd have to see boobs, but they'd have the good sense to have tassles attached to them, and we'd get some sort of Gypsie-Rose Lee or Lili St. Cyr style fabulousness, complete with singing, dancing and joke telling. You know, classy nudity. Apparantly, they're less common than I assumed.

I consulted my brother, figuring he's the most heterosexual male I could think of, and he told me where I COULD find ladies prepared to disrobe for me, but I don't think they fit under the banner of "classy" . When I imagined a strip show, I wasn't thinking of drug fucked ladies pulling an endless string of beads from their nether-regions like some sort of unholy magic show. Or giving audience members some sort of phallic object to roger them with on stage (surely a low point in audience participatory acts...)

So I've decided, in the name of my own squemishness, to postpone the task until I can find something that fits in a little better with what I initially had in mind, and not force myself to see something that can never be un-seen.

No comments: