Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Alas, poor Lynchy.

One of the most distressing parts of not having access to a blog this past month has undoubtedly been the fact that there have been some seriously MAJOR developments in my life, both positive AND negative, that I’d love to have been able to write about. Because lets face it. If I can’t talk about the most important things going on in my life here, then honestly, what’s the point?

Now, I’ve already spoken of the major positive change ( in the form of Jammin’ Ben, the new romance), so it would be remiss of me not to mention the negative. And the most negative of the negative things to happen to me recently would HAVE to be the loss of one of the coolest people on the face of the entire planet. Sarah.

Ok, I make her sound like she’s died. I should clarify- she’s vacationing for the next few months in Europe, which, you know, is fantastic for her, but I can be as selfish as I like on my own blog, and this is my chance to bitch about the fact that she’s gone. Except surprisingly, that’s not what I want to do. Because the only person that would be even remotely interested in that is me. So, what I thought would be more entertaining is, instead of moping about the fact that she’s gone, I could revisit some of the more awesome things that happened whilst she was here, demonstrating to everyone just how fucking awesome this girl is, and why you should feel sad she’s in Europe, as opposed to here, being ridiculously awesome some more. So, in no particular order, here are my absolute favourite Sarah memories, for your enjoyment. Well, my favourites that I can think of at this point in time. Which is to say, there are lots more, but these are the ones standing out right now. 


Cool Rider

I will never  forget the day Sarah and I realised we both loved Grease 2 more than the lackluster original. You know that feeling you get when you realise you’ve encountered a soul mate? Someone that is destined to be a part of your life from here to eternity? For us, this was it. When we confirmed that “Cool Rider” left “Summer Loving” for dead, or that “Who’s That Guy?” was far superior to “Grease Lightening”? Well, I hesitate to use the term “love at first sight”, but it was there that we realised our friendship was destined to be something special.


Truck FM

Ok, the whole weekend where we went to see “Wicked” in Melbourne deserves a mention as particularly awesome, but the highlight of that ENTIRE trip, to me at least (apart from, you know, the extremely expensive musical we were there to see) was on the drive down from Newcastle to Melbourne, where we discovered a fantastic little radio station called Truck FM to entertain us ridiculously for several hours at 3 in the morning. Not only did we discover said station, Sarah managed to get herself featured on air requesting Lady Gaga’s “Love Game”. There’s nothing quite like hearing one of your best friends featured on a radio station aimed primarily at forty year old truck drivers asking for a song about riding on someone’s Disco Stick at 4 am to remind you of how great life can be.


Separate Birthdays

Despite the fact that our birthdays are separated by less than a fortnight, we decided VERY early in our friendship that joint parties were COMPLETELY out of the question. Mainly because we were both FAR too selfish to share. Which I think made us slightly closer to be honest...


Mardi Gras 2009

I blame this memory on Sarah, but really, it was her Grandmother telling me I looked 15 that made this a fantastic recollection. God bless the sweet lady. Clearly, a nicer side of the family than Sarah took after.


Ok, there are lots of memories bottled up in here, telling me how amazing this woman is, but you know what? I don’t really feel the need to unleash them all right now. Take my word for it- she’s fabulous. Utterly, utterly fabulous. And already missed. But not in a bad way- only in a way that makes me realise how ridiculously awesome it’s going to be when she comes back to the country. 


Sarah, if you read this, you are one of my favourite people ever. I love you, and miss you, and hope you’re having a fantastic time. In your absence, I dedicate this song to you. Think of me when you hear it...







3 comments:

bennyboy249 said...

Coooooooool rider.

I wanna coooooool rider!

This makes me want her back home again! And I only met her thrice!

Sarah said...

Awwwwwww. I'm so in love with you right now. You made me cry. I hope you're happy. Actually, I think making me cry makes you happy...

Bones said...

You're right. The whole point of this was to taste your sweet, sweet tears...