Sunday, August 16, 2009

What's going on??

I'm not sure what happened today. As a matter of fact, I'm still slightly in shock. This weekend, not a SINGLE fuckwit came in to work! Like, all weekend! This is not only unheard of, it is, up until now, an absolute statistical impossibility. Or so I thought.

Working on a Saturday or Sunday is, under normal circumstances, a one way ticket to a migraine. We all know how well I deal with idiots, and on a weekend, in my experience, every idiot on the face of the planet has the urge to come and buy a book. From me. Without knowing the title, author, subject matter, or anything else even remotely helpful. Although a surprisingly large number of them DO seem to be able to remember the colour of the book. Or possibly the publisher. The two most unhelpful pieces of information on the planet to one attempting to locate said book for you.

However, due to some amazing twist of fate, this weekend was populated wholey and soley by people that DIDN'T make me want to kill myself. Not once did I feel the telltale signs of an oncoming psychopathic episode. Not even directed at other employees. Like I said, I'm still in total shock.

No wonder I was in such a good mood. See, I like when the world works.

No comments: