Thursday, August 6, 2009

God Damn Dog!

Today, the moment every parent dreads came along. I got a phone call to say my son was missing. Yes, my furry, annoying, four legged son Yoshie was not where I'd left him, safe and sound in the backyard. Well, as you can imagine, my heart stopped. Completely. Every terrible possibility imaginable screamed through my brain. I left work in a hurry, raced home, and devoted the rest of my afternoon to patrolling the streets, calling his name and whistling for him, getting more and more panicky as time went on without a sign of the little "angel".

By this stage, Mikey's beside himself, positive the worst has occurred. Then the bright idea of ringing the RSPCA was brought up. Long story short, they were able to confirm that he had been picked up, and was fine, and that I could go and collect him. For a small fee.

Yes. I had to post bail to bust my dog out of lockup. He needed me to fill out some forms (I guess I'm guaranteeing he wont become a repeat offender) pay an absolute FORTUNE, aaaaand had to sit and be lectured about the fact that Yoshie now had a Permanant Record. Let me repeat that. My dog has obtained a criminal record. He's a puppy with a past.

And I'm the hapless parent of a problem pooch. 

Thank god this story had a happy (albeit expensive) ending. Stupid bloody dog. <3 

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Oh Yoshie! He's such a bugger (albeit a very clever and cute one) but I was very worried too until I saw you today! I'll have to visit and give him a talking to!!