Monday, August 3, 2009

Enter stage left: love interest.

In a development that I think shocked everyone (although honestly, nobody moreso than me) Mikey has a new romantic lead! I know- how unexpected was THAT! His name is Benjamin, he’s a musician, and he’s utterly FABULOUS (as I suppose he would have to be- I can’t be dating just any old trash now, can I?)


We met a few weeks ago, when I was working the spotlight for “Dragalicious”, a Drag Show a couple of my friends were responsible for, and obviously, he was instantly taken by my awesomeness (shut up- it’s my blog, I’ll tell it as I see it) and here we are. Actually, our “how we met” story is pretty fantastic, even without my bullshit embellishments, so I’ll present the full story for your enjoyment.


The first aspect of it that tickled me immensely was that, if you’ll recall, recently I got in touch with my inner Elphaba and cast myself a love spell, as part of my ongoing commitment to “No Week Will Be Wasted 2009” . Which, at the time, we all assumed was a complete nonsense. Until you realise that the very same day I cast that particular spell was the day I first met Benjamin at G, the local homosexual hangout. So, you know, totally a wizard now. But that still left us with the sordid “we met in a bar” story that I despise so much. Honestly, it just sounds so trashy. And not in the fun, Dolly Parton sense of the word. After expressing my concerns to Benjamin, he seemed to think I was completely insane, which, lets face it, genuine concern, but anyway, we left it at that and went on with life. 


The next day, I was at work, looking suitably busy, when I look up and see him, browsing books. Now, pay attention, because this is the really swoony part- he walked up to me, said “Hi, I saw you and thought you might like this” and handed me a napkin from the coffee shop upstairs with his number scribbled on it with the words “call me”. He rewrote history for me so that we’d have a better story of how we met! And with that one ridiculously romantic gesture, Mikey melted. I tell ya, the boy knows how to woo. I think we’ve found a keeper.

1 comment:

bennyboy249 said...

Damn right I know how to woo!