Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A new nemesis

In a very exciting turn for the books, the other night, I discovered a brand new Arch Nemesis. This is a good thing, because it's a position which has gone too long vacant, quite frankly. I'm not sure of her name, but for convenience sake, I shall refer to her only by her Super Villain name: "Treble Clef", which sounds quite cool and threatening in a Super Villain kind of way. 

It begun on Friday night, innocently enough, when we all gathered at a pub to celebrate Simon's 21st birthday, when disaster struck. Here I was, minding my own business, as I do, enjoying the frivolity and merriment, when Treble Clef struck. She came to collect empty glasses and bottles, then announced "I'm going to need to check everyones I.D, thanks."

So far, no problem. Until she made good on her promise of checking everyone's Identification. Everyone, that is, except for mine. Apparantly, in a group of 35 people (and yes, that number increases every time I relay this story), I'm the ONLY ONE that doesn't warrant being asked for proof of age. What. The. Frak?

Clearly, as this CANNOT be the case (I refuse to accept it as fact, quite frankly), I was the victim of a personal, hate filled attack, thus sparking a rivalry between myself and this woman, the likes of which is set to rival the best rivalries in history- Lex Luthor and Superman, Batman and the Joker. Mikey and Treble Clef. Actually, maybe I need a slightly cooler alter ego, because at the moment her name sounds better than mine. Nevertheless, despite what SHE would have you believe, I'm fairly certain I looked rather nice the other night, despite all the evidence to the contrary, thank you very much.

Don't worry though- I gave her the glaring of a lifetime for the rest of the evening. Fairly certain that means I won. 
 

1 comment:

Beau. said...

Three points:

1) She didn't ask me either. Does that mean i get to be your sidekick?

2) Nup. I saw you talking to her sans glare. Plot hole.

3) The word verification I need to type for this comment is 'wockle'. It's now my new word. I just need to think of a meaning for it now.