Saturday, August 22, 2009

Mikeys World

Time for a rambling look at what's keeping me occupied, I think. Now, I've often worried that posts like these can be seen as mildly self indulgent, but at the end of the day, this gives you more of an idea on the person that I am, or at least, the things that are currently occupying my life and/or time, and thats one of the reasons for keeping a blog, right? Wikipedia says yes.

So. At the moment I'm currently:

READING


I don't know ANYTHING about this book except for the fact I expect it to scare the holy Christ out of me. I haven't actually started it yet, but thought it seemed more exciting than the Jeremy Clarkson book I just managed to make my way through. I'll let you know if this is worth it, but honestly, who DOESN'T love Vampires that don't sparkle?

WATCHING



Torchwood, Season One. Yeah, I know, 2007 called, just to say I'm late. I don't care. Call me a Johnny-Come-Lately, but this is great! I love it! So unexpectedly fantastic, despite some slightly dodgy episodes and some questionable acting.


LISTENING TO





Now, if the Legally Blonde musical taught us anything, it's that successful adaptations of classic movies into fantastic musicals ISN'T impossible. Just rare. So I shouldn't be so suprised at just how brilliant this turned out to be! It's funny, it's catchy, it's quirky... basically, everything you could want in a musical, as well as a tongue-in-cheek sense of humour and a camp as tits villain. 



LOOKING FORWARD TO

Liza Minnelli. Live. In just over a month. What the fucking fuck? So excited I could pee.

So thats a brief glimpse into the working of the inner Mikey. Oh, and I really want to start wearing a bandana like a Ninja Turtle. But I don't know where to get one or how to make one. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You hestitated making this post because it might come across as slightly self-indulgent? Mikey, you've created a blog to talk about shit that you're thinking. Which part of that ISN'T self-indulgent?? :P

Oh, and the Ninja Turtles weren't wearing bandanas, they were eye masks so they could be disguised when they were out in public... so you wouldn't recognise the giant turtles on the street when they took them off?