Sunday, March 1, 2009

Oh look! Positivity!

Contrary to the picture I've painted on here, lately, with my "doom and gloom" posts of the last week or so, my life is a pretty cool place to be, and my appetite for grenades is generally fleeting, at best. To prove my point, I thought I should try to counteract some of the recent negativity by talking about some of the awesome things keeping me amused or occupied at the moment. I apologise in advance if I inspire envy in you...

Battlestar Galactica
Just finished watching Season 4 of this on DVD (yeah, I know, I'm behind the times) and loved it SICK! Oh. My. God. Anyone who hasn't watched it from the beginning needs to- as soon as possible! So frakkin awesome!

Stardust
Finished reading Stardust again the other day- pretty sure I can safely say it's one of my favourite books ever. It's so lovely, and quirky, and delightful- it's impossible to not feel happier after reading it. The movie is awesome as well, but Neil Gaiman just writes so beautifully that it's an experience in itself.

Mardi Gras
Next Saturday! Can't wait! Bec and Sarahs first time, so it should be le awesome! Which is french. For the awesome.

No Week Will Be Wasted
We're six weeks in and still going strong! There are some really fun adventures coming up that I'm really excited for, and I'm as suprised as everyone else that my apathy hasn't kicked in yet and I'm still so hyped about the whole thing!

Wicked
My tickets arrived the other day! The room is booked, the seats are great (fourth row, thanks for asking) and I'm already panicking about what I'm going to wear. I have to look my best if I intend for Anthony Callea to fall madly in love with me, right?

Watchmen
Thursday! (Friday for me though... THANKS Borders) Even if it sucks, I'm excited! Because it's Watchmen! On the big screen! Woo-frakking-hoo! I'm almost giddy thinking about it! Giddy as a school girl! A SCHOOL GIRL!!!

So, see? Not all horrible-there are lots of cool things to talk about! Oh! AND I found a chardonnay called "Gossip". How amazing is that!

4 comments:

Mutterings from Maryville said...

hmmmm, Callea is no longer in Wicked, my friend, so I need to tell you so you are not devastated when you get there....the replacement Bok is excellent.

And now I understand why you messaged me out of the blue.

Bones said...

That is why, but at least you got an individual message, instead of my generic "pleased to meet you" that I was sending!

Sarah said...

Hey man, so not my first time at mardi gras. I've been there a few times. :P

Bones said...

Oh! Slut! I didn't know that. Kinda don't want to go with you anymore. How awkward...