Saturday, March 28, 2009

Reefer Mildness

Whilst it wasn't an official task in my ongoing mission to broaden my horizons this year, I figured it was keeping well within the spirit of NWWBW to say yes last night, when the suggestion was made to get me stoned and watch Reefer Madness. For a few reasons, really. First, try something new. Second, this was probably the only way I could get my friends to watch one of my favourite musicals with me. Thirdly, well... Reefer Madness makes it look kind of fun.

Sadly for me, the mind-blowing, Mary Sunshine-esque musical number I imagined for myself was NOT forthcoming, and the whole affair seemed kind of mild and uneventful, leading me to the conclusion that I must have done it wrong. Somehow. Which is annoying, because I was looking forward to a little bit of, you know... Reefer Madness of my own. As it was, all I have to show for it is one of the best nights sleep I've had in a long time. I think that counts as a fail. :-(

3 comments:

Beau. said...

Woot!

Don't look at me like that, y'all know I'm in for fun experimentations.

As long as you realise that schizophrenia has now been triggered in your brain. But that sounds like even more fun then getting stoned!

Sarah said...

At least you'll never be alone when you're a schizophenic.

And I think you HAVE to have been doing it wrong. Did you make the noises and faces teenagers make when they think they're taking a big pull?? I think the "woah, man"s are most of the effect. ;)

Titch said...

OMG Michael,, ur a stoner..