Saturday, March 21, 2009

Well, that was weird...

Good gravy I was in a weird mood today. I was fine (albeit cranky, which is pretty normal for a Saturday) for the morning, but then, at about lunch time, it was as if a switch had been flicked and I was in the strangest mood I've been in a long time. I guess the best way to describe the way I felt was that I was having some sort of mild panic/ anxiety attack. I've had them before- they're horrible. Heart beats heaps faster, I get jumpy, nervous, frightened. Difficult to breathe... lots of fun. I HAVE discovered the trick of hiding at work in the toilet and turning the light off, whilst crouching as low as I can get without touching the manky floor, but today, even that wasn't helping. Possibly because of the stupid customer who, despite the door CLEARLY being marked "engaged", attempted to kick it down or something. Scared christ out of me and made the whole thing worse...

Now that I'm home, I've started to settle down a little, but instead of having a nice lie down and ignoring the world for the next twelve hours, I'm about to jaunt off for dinner. Hopefully I'll be fine soon. If not, I may need to find another cool, dark space to hide for a while.

No comments: