Wednesday, March 25, 2009

C'est la vie, I guess...

This post was supposed to be uploaded on Monday, but, as is often the case, life got in the way, and here we are.

Monday was 23/03/09. Which translates to what WOULD have been my seven year anniversary had Michael and I remained together. Which we didn't. So I guess it's only natural that the relationship was fairly heavily on my mind recently. Not in an "I wish we were still together" or an "I want him back SO bad"kind of way, just in the sense of thinking about what happened between us.

For better or for worse, six years is a huge portion of your life to devote to another human being, especially at our ages. So a natural side effect of this, is the fact that there is really no one on the planet that has known me better than he did. And understandably, when we broke up, everything was a little too raw, and things were said, and I was bitter about being replaced, and the concept of remaining friends was kind of ridiculous. But time heals all wounds as they say (not sure who "they" are. Someone says it...) so I figured now was as good a time as any to extend the olive branch of friendship, and let him know that if he's keen, I think now would be a good time to try to rebuild a friendship. Just a friendship, mind you, but a friendship. So I sms him as such. I tell him he made the right decision, but I'd love for us to meet the people we've both managed to become.

Four days later, and still no response. Call me bitter, but thats just pathetic. What a joke.

3 comments:

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Suzanne said...

I believe in amputating a limb that's holding you back. And the unfortunate truth is - if you broke up on a bad note, all that's going to come simmering to the surface when you're put back in contact. I would strongly advocate letting the bitch rot.

Beau. said...

Michael is a weasel. And he hooked up with a hippo. It's unnatural on all fronts.