Friday, March 20, 2009

Week 9- Food Fun

Mission Nine: Order Something I've Never Eaten Before
Status: Accomplished

Ok, I'll be the first to admit, when I thought of this weeks task, I WAS thinking of something slightly more exotic, like snails, or frogs legs, or grilled moose antler or something. BUT, we work with what we have, and what I had was a group of friends that wanted to go to Grill'd for dinner. I make it sound like I'm bitching, but trust me- I'M NOT. Grill'd is, quite possibly, my favourite place in the world at the moment, and tonight, it was just as awesome as ever.

Surprisingly though, when you're at a restaurant that pretty much exclusively sells Burgers, it CAN be difficult to find something on the menu you've never tried before, but ultimately, I settled on the Grill'd Bird & Brie, which consists of "Grilled chicken breast, Brie Cheese, Thick Cranberry Sauce, salad & herbed mayo". Was it delicious? It was. Will I order it again? Christ no. I feel like I'm going to explode- that son of a bitch was HUGE! Look at it!
And I finished that! And a fancy beer! I actually meant for the beer to be in the photo, because again, it was something I'd never had before (Full carbohydrates in a beer- who would have imagined...) but I'm a terrible photographer. And there was no room in the shot after that beast of a burger made its way in.

And just on the subject of NWWBW, I love how it's catching on with the people around me. So many people have been asking me about what the task is for a specific week, or trying to find out about upcoming adventures, or even just expressing an interest in partaking in some adventure with me- that's why Virgilia came to Grill'd with us tonight. It's good to know that more people than just me are benefitting from this tomfoolery. It's my gift to the people. :)

1 comment:

Beau. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.