Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Crossover- EXTREME!

Remember how exciting it was when Friends crossed over with Mad About You and did that whole crazy Ursala thing with Lisa Kudrow? Or when Hercules and Xena would acknowledge the fact that they existed in a shared universe? Or when Ally McBeal did that awesome crossover with the Practice and Ally dated Bobby for, like, 12 minutes before he realised she was batshit crazy? Sigh. I do love me a good crossover episode. Which is why I'm so excited to announce that Parkhill: The Series (I'm sure you're all huge fans by now) experienced its FIRST major crossover with the show that spun off from us at the end of last season with Leesh and Anne in Sydney!!!! (We should probably name their show soon...)

Like all good crossovers, ours featured a slightly random premise for getting us all in the same place, as well as escalating plot lines, offering drama, and bringing back dozens and dozens of guest starts for both shows! The setting? Mardi Gras, of course, and what a night it was!

It started as Bec, Sarah, Byron, Glen and I departed for Sydney in the morning, intending to go via Sarahs Nans place, which was exciting, because Bec and I had never met her before. And now we have. And she told me I looked 15, thus ensuring her place as one of my favourite people on the face of the PLANET! So we were off to a great start for the episode, despite learning we couldn't drink at the parade (don't panic- we found a loophole...)

So then we got to Leesh's place, only she wasn't there, and we got to meet her housemates (I know! The crossover was really kicking in here...) Sarah decided to wait for Leesh while the rest of us cabbed it into Oxford Street, (after I managed to consume 3 bottles of Pure Blonde in, like, 30 minutes...see: loophole!)

I can't be bothered recapping the whole night (besides, it gets kinda hazy the further we go in...) but needless to say, much fun was had by everyone, even if some of us didn't see THAT much of the parade, and despite the fact that I'm STILL exhausted, I feel the night was a complete success. Like I said, it certainly advanced some plot lines that have been dangling around for a while, at least for me... Not sure in which direction, but I guess we'll see that in upcoming weeks.

No comments: