Sunday, March 15, 2009

Week 8- Culture Time

Mission Eight: Read Anne of Green Gables
Status: Ongoing



When I began to chronical these little adventures, I knew from the start that some weeks were going to make less thrilling stories than others, despite maybe being entertaining or fulfilling tasks anyway. This is one such week, I'm afraid, but ultimately, the point of NWWBW 09 was to enrich MY life, and this is all part of it.

My task this week was suggested by Rene, and at first I was kinda reluctant towards it, because, well... it didn't sound that interesting, but since starting, I've absolutely fallen in LOVE with this book. It's so whimsical and delightful, without being too sugary or sweet, and the characters! Anne is obviously the most engaging, but they're ALL so much fun, and the book has an absolutely wicked sense of humour, which tends to be uncommon amongst older novels. I'm really enjoying it, and when all is said and done, I'm glad it made the list of things to do.

No comments: