Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Week Seven- Bones in a Bar

Mission Six: Drink in a bar I've never been in before
Status: Accomplished

Should I start worrying about just how many of these tasks have involved alcohol? Because it seems like kind of a lot. Don't worry, liver, I've just browsed the next few weeks tasks- we're looking a lot tamer for a while, which is probably a good thing, because this week just gone involved...you guessed it... DRINKING LIKE A FISH! Although this week, it was with a twist, and the mission was to partake in the drinking in a brand new setting! How convenient, because the weekend ALSO happened to see us in Sydney for Mardi Gras (aka Gay Christmas, kiddies), where unfamiliar drinking establishments were as common as drug-fucked twinks last Saturday!

When we arrived in Oxford Street, we headed to Stonewall (and I started wondering wether I could just lie and pretend it was my first time so that I could claim success again- HOW DISHONEST!) but when we were informed they wanted to charge us $25 to stay there beyond 4pm, we decided to head South and fnid a better (read: cheaper) venue for the night.

Enter Slide. Free entry all night, and a dance floor that lit up like a retro Christmas Tree! AND cheap drinks all night! Woo!I'm not sure exactly WHY I looked so excited in this picture. I assume it had something to do with the pretty floor.

No comments: