Monday, March 30, 2009

The Manliest of Desserts

Something I like to do occasionally, when slightly stressed, is comfort bake. It's a fairly relaxing endeavor, and the plus side is, you get baked goods at the end of it! Win/win!

So, to deal with the stress of the last couple of days, I decided to finally whip up the Strawberry Shortcake I've been planning on for so long. And the good news is, it turned out beautifully. I've always wanted the kind of signature dish that gets requests at dinner parties, (Well, that would involve friends that throw dinner parties, as well, I suppose, but lets take baby steps here, one thing at a time) and frak-dammit, this culinary monstrosity may just be it.
Probably should have taken a picture BEFORE I started devouring it, but do you have any idea how much self control it took just to leave this much to photograph?

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

oh man. Thats just cruel when I'm newly Wii-inspired to watch what I'm eating.

Bones said...

You should invite me to a dinner party, and then you can request I bring it! It is, after all, my signature dish!