Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Amp it up- Reader Participation Required

One thing I've noticed with the No Week Will Be Wasted tasks that I've been performing this year is that they tend to be a lot more fun, both for me performing them and presumably for you reading about them, when they involve me actually doing something. Case in point- nautical adventure, and last weeks fun, which I'm yet to write up.
Leaving the house and doing stupid things is far more exciting than, say, Hosting a Dinner Party, or Colouring My Hair, both scheduled tasks for the next few weeks.
SO. In the spirit of making this whole thing as exciting as possible for everyone, I'm rapidly redesigning some of the tasks to make them more adventurey, just to keep everyone interested.
New additions involve "going underground", "scaring myself stupid" and "spending a night behind bars".
But, dear reader, this is where you come in. I want suggestions. No matter how stupid or outrageous, what do YOU think I should do? What task do you want to see me attempt to perform, or what adventure do you think I should embark on? Leave your suggestions in the comments section, and we'll see how we go, although I preface this by reiterating, I WONT bungee jump, nor will I launch myself out of a plane. Anything else, suggest away!

4 comments:

Julian James said...

You've got past your writers blog! Huzzah for you. this was the idea i had before i went to sleep the other night. Apparently there's an abandoned haunted house on elizabeth street in Mayfield. like where this is headed? you could scare yourself stupid there? Im thinking photos and costumes and general freakishness. i draw the line at Ouija boards, ive heard of really screwed up things happening with them if you dont know what you're doing. just a thought....

Rebecca said...

You mean to tell me there's an abandoned, haunted building in Newcastle, and no-one has ever taken me there! Shame on you all! Let's go.

Julian James said...

Hoorah! I have a following! but i hope this doesnt turn into a horror movie-type-experience, bunch of youngsters go to abandoned/Haunted house, acting all tough and DIE! and i would be the first to go as i am a minority! actually the slut always dies first. sorry mikey, you're up first :)

Bones said...

I thought I was excluded when you said "young people"...

And I prefer the term "people person" to "slut", thank you VERY much...