Thursday, May 21, 2009

Drama Llama!


Who wants to hear about my crazy night??? Everyone? Good. Thought so. So, anyway, working away, like always, being a good little worker, when I start getting a bit of a pain in my stomach area. Which gets progressively worse. To the point that it forces me to take my poor GM aside and confess my situation to him (which would be ok if I hadn't lied to you when I said it was in my stomach. It was a bit more...um... embarrassing than that. Ok, look, it was a pain in one of my testicles. Look at the awkwardness skyrocket!) where, like a champ, he agrees to let me go and get it seen to.
So off I head to the medical centre, where I'm informed that my wait will be about an hour and a half. Fuck that, I thought, and took off to the Matar Hospital. Where I sat and waited for FOUR HOURS!!!
I was finally taken into a room to see a CLEARLY uninterested doctor who asked me to pee in a cup, felt me up a bit, then told me to take some nurefen and go home. THAT'S IT. You're kidding me! What a crock of shit! I could have gone home and taken nurefen at the start of the night, instead of waiting around for the entirity of the 20 to 1 Supermodel Countdown! (apparantly Elle McPherson was #1. Good for her!) His exact words? "I have no idea whats wrong with you. It will probably just go away." Well, thank god I went to the doctor. That's reassuring.
Oh, and for future reference, if you're ever asked to lie down and remove your trousers by a doctor, the phrase "are you going to buy me a drink first?" WONT get you the laugh you're expecting. A sense of humour is too much to ask for, I guess.
So, that was my night. How was yours??

2 comments:

Julian James said...

You'll look back on this and laugh. Just like I'm laughing at you right now! Im telling you, masturbation is the miracle cure for everything. Seriously, I used to be an ugly old blind woman and look at me now.

Ps Doctors probably get these smart arse remarks all of the time, he could have been polite enough to smile though, people expect us to smile after their repetitive crap jokes

PPS SO glad you specified it was only one testicle, I was wondering...:P

Rebecca said...

Gee, even I could have given you a more exciting diagnosis than that!