Monday, May 4, 2009

Gay Nirvana

This is it, people! The event we've ALL been waiting for. Well, the event I'VE been waiting for. I have learnt, this evening, that Liza Minnelli will be touring Australia later this year. Yes, THAT Liza. The one that's Liza with a Z, not Lisa with an S, cos Lisa with an S goes SSSSS not ZZZZ. The very same.
I've always maintained that my life will remain incomplete until I've seen this woman perform, and now that she's announced it, Im already envisioning a fulfilling, complete death. So far, I've managed to see Kylie, Bette and Cher, which does actually only leave Ms Minnelli on the list, and the chance of crossing her off is making me literally GIDDY with excitement. Because even if she's bad (and let's face it, there's a very good chance she could be...) just the chance to SEE her will be fantastic. I don't even CARE that this pushes me irrevocably into the label "stereotype", either. Share in my excitement, y'all! Christ I hope she sings Liza with a Z.


1 comment:

Glenn said...

Liza will be great! I'm helping the conmcert producer and have run Liaa's fanclub in Australia for many years. TicketTek sales go online 9am tomorrow 6 May and it's likely to sell out based on pre-sales at Opera House which crashed that website. Do drop me an email:

limelight@grapevine.com.au

Liza will sing Liza with a Z I'm reliably informed. See her Australian tour website

www.lizaminnelli.com.au

or her US website

www.officiallizaminnelli.com

Cheers
Glenn