Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Self Censorship Sucks

Sometimes, I'm a bit of a jerk. It's true, I know this. Which is the reason why I've spent today going back through all my old blog posts removing derogatory remarks I've made about a certain person I used to hate, and am now in the process of becoming friendly with. Because lets face it, I'm a shameless self-promoter, and at some stage I AM going to direct him towards my blog, if only to show off a bit about how clever I am.
So, I just thought I should let EVERYONE know that I'm making like George Lucas and erasing history a little. But it's necessary. But don't panic. I'll continue to be the same nasty "See-You-Next-Tuesday" in future that you all know and love!
Well, maybe not love. But we sure do like one another, yeah?

On a serious note though, this current situation that I mentioned, the becoming friendly with someone I was so antagonistic towards, it's really opened my eyes up to a few things. Namely, how easy it is to like someone you hated so much before. It just seems intriguing that it has seemed like such a seamless transition. It suggests a few questions. Was I only holding onto anger out of stubborness, when I didn't need to? Or do such intense feelings just manage to bleed seamlessly into one another? I don't know, but it's definitely food for thought. Maybe my capacity to forgive is bigger than I gave myself credit for? Or maybe I'm just a nicer person than we all assumed. Nah, that last one is too unrealistic to even entertain!

No comments: