Sunday, May 31, 2009

Week 18- Bargain Hunting

Mission Eighteen: Go Garage Sale shopping
Status: Accomplished

Before I begin the latest rundown, I should just mention, I think I've screwed things up somewhere and missed a week, but I'm not sure. I feel as though I'm a task behind. So I may have to throw in a couple of extras, just to get back up to speed. We'll see. Got some great ones coming up though...

Anyway, I was joined in my Garage Sale-ing (which for some reason, makes it sound like I should be setting off to sea in a tin shed) by Paul, who advised me to buy the newspaper on Friday so we could see where all the good Garage Sales were going to be. So, I did. Guess what. The Friday paper DOESN'T give you this information, so my attempt to actually plan something blew up in my face. Lesson? Never plan anything. So, Saturday morning we set off blind on our adventure. Sadly, our attempt to canvass the entirety of the Newcastle Garage Sale scene was hampered by my lack of planning and Pauls lack of navigational ability, but in the end, we managed to make it to two seperate Garage Sales that we found completely by accident. And what did we learn? Mikey hates Garage Sales. Also, people only sell shit. Maybe I'd built the experience up in my head too much, convincing myself I was going to find some sort of awesome treasure, but alas. Wasn't the case. Didn't buy a thing. Had a blast though. Even though I don't like Garage Sales, I do like the idea of just rifling through other peoples possessions. I suppose a career in burglary MAY be on the cards...

1 comment:

Julian James said...

Garage sales are full of hoarders shit. Hoarders dont even find them worthy of hoarding. the reaaaaaaaal treasures are in op-shops, full of dead peoples things! Slightly more morbid but you can just wash that dead smell right out. Wallsend has the best op-shops in newcastle...trust me, ive been to every one ive ever seen..