Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Need advice.

Should I get a tattoo? I was thinking about it today, and I really want one, but I'm not sure if I'm just being impulsive. On my wrist. What am I thinking of getting, you ask? Well, the Bat Symbol seems like an appropriate idea. I've loved Batman for, like, forever, so I don't have to worry about getting over it, and it's nice and simplistic, so it shouldn't hurt too much!
Now, I don't mean your stock standard, common Bat Symbol. Oh no. I like to be a little more out there, so I'd love to go with this.


This, of course, is the symbol worn by Terry McGuiness, aka Batman Beyond (animated series. Check it out. Set in the future. It's awesome.) So, you know, it;s mainstream, but still slightly left of centre. AND, making it a little camp (which, you know, is to be expected...) it has also turned up on THIS character:


Kate Kane. Batwoman. The newly introduced lesbian addition to the Bat-Family. Trust me- I didn't realise that when I picked it. But anyway, what do you think? Hot symbol?

7 comments:

Julian James said...

One vital question. Is the tail pointing to your wrist or to yourself? oh and another one, will it be colored in, and if so what color will it be?

Bones said...

Coloured red, because I'm nothing if not authentic, and the tail will be pointing to me, not my wrist...

Suzanne said...

I like it, but would you reconsider the red? I fear it would read firstly as an allergic reaction and not a tattoo. Also red tattoo ink reacts more often than most other colors. The best colors I've seen for a solid color tattoo have been a dark purple or a dark blue... specially if your pale.

I've been pondering a big japanese koi in burnt umber on my ribs. This post is very pertinent.

Bones said...

Oooh, good point- I didn't think of that about the red, Suzanne... I may have to reconsider now...

But yeah, you should definitely get the koi- we should organise to get them at the same time! Not sure what that would achieve, but it sounds like it would be fun!

Beau. said...

Do it. But not on your wrist. That's gayer than having sex with men.

Bones said...

Where else should I get it? My forhead?

blerserka said...

When mentioning a character for just a moment, of all the character details, why is it important to tell us Batwoman is queer?

Don't take advice from kids with Justin Beiber hair about what is & isn't gay, most importantly. Why don't you think of something original instead of a bat symbol?

That would be time well spent in my humble silly opinion. Either way, make it yours.